Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Week 5 Inspiration ~ Fuchsia

by Dana Marie
1 1/2" X 1 1/2" Original Acrylic Painting in Glass Locket

I was inspired by the color combination, the stamens and stigma of the fuchia flower.

This was not my first pick, though, I do love this photograph. I took it last year of this humming bird attracking beauty hanging on my porch at our old house in Lincoln City, Oregon. This weeks photo was to be one or both of my lighted lawn deers in the snow, however, the photographs did not turn out as I'd hoped. I will try again and I may end up posting two pictures for this week. However, if that does not happen, hope you enjoy this one.

7 comments:

  1. Oooo,ooo! Love it! I already have a earring design I call 'fuschia' that I will modify and colorize to go with this photo. Could you please resend the invite from last time? I seem to have deleted it with all the other stuff from my other groups...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! :) Resent the invite... and Welcome!

    ~ Dana Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely dana.. superb click.. clouorful. I love those much..
    Will try to post some this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Sanghi! I originally took the picture as a reference picture for an EBSQ art show, however, I never did paint a piece off it ...I should have just entered the photograph. ;)


    ~ Dana Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOoooo I like it!! Hopefully will have some time to create something. Hubby just flew into town from the UK - so no promises this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! Your work is so amazing and I love that you also shared your inspiration with us.

    ReplyDelete